Are you interested in being part of a team who want to create a world where people have the freedom to live life to the full, in a place of their choice? We have an exciting opportunity for a Chief Architect to join us at Tunstall and turn this vision into a reality.
With almost 3,000 colleagues operating in 15 countries across the world, Tunstall has unrivalled strategic insight into health and care operations. Our mission is to provide technology-based solutions and services to deliver new, more efficient and effective models for health and care management in the community. We work with health professionals and social care providers daily, providing support to help manage long-term health conditions and provide person-centred care. We are pioneers in the use of technology to enable independent living, supporting more than five million people and their families worldwide.
About the Role
Tunstall Technology Group has 250 colleagues working together across six countries. Technology is at the heart of our customer solutions and as Chief Architect, you will be responsible for building and defining the technology architecture strategy for Tunstall’s software product and services. Reporting to the Chief Technology Officer, this is a key, hands on role that will provide extensive technical input, strategic advice and guidance at all levels of the organisation. Whilst the role is UK-based, travel to other Tunstall locations will be required.
But there’s more to this than just the ‘day job’. We’re embarking on an exciting period of transformation. We want to fundamentally transform the systems, processes, people and technology across our business, to achieve measurable and sustainable improvements in our delivery, colleague engagement and stakeholder satisfaction. You’ll play a vital part in contributing to this transformation - shaping, building and leading the change.
Initially you will sit as an individual contributor, collaborating with technology teams and senior leaders across the business to align technology architecture with the overarching business goals. There is currently no architectural presence within the group, so you will have full ownership and autonomy over its implementation, governance and principles.
Our Ideal Candidate
We’re looking for candidates with a strong enterprise and technical architectural and engineering background, having worked in a high growth, technology led business with a delivery mindset. You’ll also have a track record in a wide range of customer orientated products and services.
- A proven background defining technology strategy and architecting solutions with experience incorporating Application, Data, Product and Technology Architecture.
- Have built and run a software architecture team.
- Ideally, a strong software engineering background in scalable distributed applications (experience with Node.js is favourable) and ability to construct technical design.
Possess the ability to span for full spectrum of high-level Enterprise Architecture conversations, right through to detailed technical design with Engineering surrounding Microservices (CI/CD, testing strategy and monitoring).
- A visionary mindset.
- A can do, positive attitude.
- The courage to act on risks and uncertainties and make sense of ambiguity.
- Excellent communication and relationship building.
- A collaborative team player who acts in the interests of the broader team.
- Able to analyse and assess complex systems and translate into easy to digest communications.
- Provide thought leadership and direction.
We offer a six-figure salary and a competitive benefits package.
**We’re also fully committed to hybrid working**