Do you want to finish every working day knowing that you really have made a difference? Where the service you provide is truly appreciated?
Have you worked in a contact centre environment before? If so, then working in our Emergency Response Centre could be for you.
Tunstall was the first to develop alarm systems for older people and has continued to lead the market ever since. With a team of almost 3,000 employees operating in 17 countries across the world, Tunstall works with health professionals and social care providers daily, to provide support to help manage long term health conditions and provide person-centred care.
Salary – £20,201.23
Hours - 7am - 7pm (WK1 - Monday - Sunday [Wednesday & Thursday off] WK2 - Wednesday and Thurs only)
· Up to 9% combined pension contribution
· 25 days holidays + bank holidays
· Free eye tests
· Cycle to work scheme
· Retails discounts
· Free car parking
We have an exciting opportunity for you to join us at Tunstall as an Emergency Helpline Operator
Every day you will speak to our residents to help with several different enquiries, from providing David with reassurance that his carers are coming, to helping Doris test her pendant, to calling the emergency services when Bill has had a fall and can’t get up off the floor.
Your role as an Emergency Response Operator is to help provide support and reassurance which enables people live life to the full in their place of choice. This is some of our excellent feedback…
- Last weekend my mum collapsed at home but somehow managed to hit the button. After not getting a response from her you contacted her responders and the ambulance without hesitation. You most certainly saved her life. I heard the messages left by your service which were compassionate and clear, and the response – so rapid and effective. I just wanted to thank you, you should be proud of the service you provide and know how much it means to those on the receiving end.
- Thank you for your swift actions on the call, there was a small fire in the kitchen and luckily, thanks to your quick actions, no major damage has been caused.
- Thank you for all your assistance in this past year, you have been of great assistance to my family, and I know your services have been used on many occasions.
Main Purpose of Role:
- To select and assess each call and follow procedure to enable a successful conclusion by calling a contact, keyholder or when deemed necessary the emergency services and to provide support to the service user whilst assistance arrives.
- To handle a call in an effective and efficient manner.
- To ensure that the Company’s key operational performance targets are exceeded.
- To respond to calls received from service users to ensure that they provide reassurance, comfort and assistance in a calm and friendly manner irrespective of ethnic origin, gender, disability, sexuality or circumstances.
- To adhere to the companies safeguarding policy.
- To adhere to GDPR.
- To maintain the Response Centre database to a high standard of accuracy, ensuring confidentiality of the data at all times.
- To assist with reprogramming and oversee monthly test calls are completed.
- To handle calls for Disaster Recovery customers.
- To handle housing repair calls from a variety of customers ensuring correct procedures are followed and appropriate contractors called.
Principal tasks and responsibilities:
- To be competent in the use of the PNC communication system on a shift basis as set out by the Response Operations Manager.
- To follow the Business Continuity plan.
- To answer all types of calls generated by service users or their contacts swiftly, assess the situation and deal with accordingly meeting the service level agreement.
- To act as an effective link between the service user and any other contacts in case of emergency.
- To take calls and operate all procedures in accordance with Customers.
- To identify on selection of any call, which procedure will be required to deal with any situation quickly and efficiently.
- To pass details to any of the emergency services fully and clearly to ensure that clients get any help they need as quickly as possible.
- To carry out outbound calls as and when required, to vulnerable clients and provide reassurance.
- To report to the management team any malfunction on Response Centre equipment.
- To input new service user details and amend information as and when new details are received.
- To amend data taken over the telephone to a high standard of accuracy.
- To deal with calls made to the out of hours repairs desk, passing on repairs to the nominated contractor.
- To attend staff meetings as and when required.
- To deal with any data inputting from outside agencies / customers.
- To deal with any tasks assigned by the Response Duty Managers including reprogramming and new business etc.
- To achieve the required quality standard on calls in line with TSA standards.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Confident IT user
- Strong keyboard / data entry skills
- Excellent telephone manner
- Ability to work calmly and accurately under pressure